Thursday, November 5, 2009

Procrastination

I'm writing a workshop about time management at the moment. 

So, I Google something about beating procrastination and notice an interesting link.  I read that, do a self-test about internet addiction, check email, update facebook about my time-management progress, do a quiz on which 80s song describes my life (Girls' Just Wanna Have Fun) then look through 117 photos posted by a girl I went to school with, with whom I can't be sure I ever exchanged a word in real life.  I check the news and weather, take the dog for a walk as it might rain, then I read an e-newsletter my friend sent me from her work which includes the 'interesting fact of the day' that some people have the ability to read and detect colours through their hands and feet, and next thing you know I'm on a virtual goose-chase of scientific and paranormal websites about extraocular vision.

Which brings me to this blog post about procrastination...

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha, I'm SO glad it isn't just me!! I get side-tracked like that all the time - I take something to put it away, then notice something else that needs to be done and do that, then something else etc, until I have no recollection of what I was originally going to do next! The internet is a terrible trap though - much worse than housework!

    ReplyDelete