Monday, February 7, 2011

Urgency is the key

'To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time' (Leonard Bernstein)

Oh, how true this is!

I've been flat out this week finalising content for two workshops, preparing for an expert panel tonight on taking an idea and running with it and sending my 'baby' off to her first day in high school (today!)

My husband left for New Zealand yesterday, and I'm joining him for a 'mini-break' with baby Sebastian on Thursday, so my mind is full of all the tasks I have to do before I leave (it's also full of questions on how to get bottles of formula through security - subject of my nightmare last night!)

I'm keeping momentum going with my parenting articles (the latest is on whether helpful dads are more trouble than their worth) and don't get me started on the saga that was ballet enrolment for daughter No.2.  I can't decide if I'm feeling pumped or under the pump!

Start today

What might I have accomplished had I not had a plane to catch?  Lots more time on Facebook, probably.  Mooching around the shops?  Clicking 'send and receive' and wondering if email is down?  (Strange habit! Do you share it?  It will make me feel more normal!)  A bit of a lurk through Yahoo answers? (What am I?  Fifteen?)

Looming deadlines show us what we're made of.  They give us a taste of how we function at full productivity.  They prioritise for us.  



The key is to learn from the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment